How long does it take your new users to connect with the value of your software? Effective user onboarding is key to software adoption and building long-time users. But is your content team doing everything it can to enable this success?
I will share industry norms, insights from TechSmith's own user onboarding initiatives and customer preference data, and you will leave with tips for developing and testing your own user onboarding tactics.
- Key principles of user onboarding,
- How to identify users' "Jobs to be done"
- What onboarding formats do users prefer (and how to find out)
- Product usage analytics can drive onboarding content strategy
- Results from onboarding experiments
This session is targeted at beginners and requires no prior knowledge.
As a Customer & Market Strategist with a background in instructional design, Anton Bollen works closely with TechSmith's European user base to support companies in the creation and use of images and videos in their technical communication. He is based in Berlin.